webmistress journal affiliates credits
THE WEBMISTRESS
I Support Privacy Protection

This is Michelle from NTU, who has a blur queen personality and a love for biology.
Currently studying at the School of Biological Sciences.
I have my birthday celebration on 16 June every year.
Loves singing, reading, baking and eating.
Basically your good old plain Jane! :))


recent entries


THE DESIRES
My sister to get a boyfriend
New school bag
Have A&W curly fries and root beer
Donate blood
New pair of pumps
An overseas trip soon
The tales of Beedle the Bard
To push myself into First class honours
Jog regularly
Lose 2 kilos!
Mend the emptiness in my bank account
Golden flats from COTTON ON
More tops!
dresses
light grey denim skinny
Nice comfortable heels
Trim my hair
Belt
Handbag/slingbag for going out
Try charcoal mask
Printer


BREAK THE SILENCE



JUKEBOX


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

THE CUTSEY
adopt your own virtual pet!


REMINISCENCE


BLOG STATS



Friday, October 01, 2004
. . . @ 11:29 AM

Unlucky day! I remembered my password to this blogger thingy, but forgotten my username! How stupid can i get? This is a new one I have created... Anyway, the previous one had only one post.. haha... no big loss! But lost Kai Jie's one and only comment already! Too bad! If you are reading this, Kai Jie, you better write me another comment.. for the sake of our friendship for 4 years! Haha.. kk.. I'm getting kind of crazy... Today is the last day of prelims! Good good... But still have that "real thing" to go...haiz...and I'm OUT of BLSS! Dunno why, last time used to resent my school, now that I'm leaving it, feeling kind of "lost".. Well, how to say? It's my school for 4 years after all! Spent endless hours in it, kind of grow up in it... Lots of memories.. haha... good and bad of course! Still remember that time left my class 2/8 in 2002, so many of my classmates cried (including me, and not forgetting, some of the guys)... Well, I dunno why.. Crying in front of other people is not my forte. I don't like to cry. Even when I get scolded and beaten, I will always bit my lips hard, clench my fists and fight back the tears. Yah, even when I'm realli down and kind of depressed...Even when I did cried, I will do it silently, alone, go somewhere nobody knows... For me, this is an act of cowardice - little girl, not even capable of showing her emotions... But I really cannot help it! Crying is like...is like...admitting defeat to me...Erm, don't know how to put it in words.. Never mind never mind...

There is still story I read some where.. Find it quite meaningful, so want to share with some of you guys out there~ =) Erm, here goes... there's this story about boy, who failed everything during his highschool period.. When I say everything, it means everything, mind you. Including physics, science, french...? He wasn't a very popular figure too. In fact, if anybody say "hi" to him during lunch or at any point of time,he will kind of jump up in surprise. (Imagine that??) He was almost like an outcast, a non-existant person, to be honest, just invisible. However, he was proud of something - his artwork. However,nobody did really appreciate it. No - not his family, not his teachers, nor his schoolmates. Freshmen years come and went - he was now in senior high, about to graduate. Not a friend he had made during the three years, not to mention a girlfriend.He was too much of a loser.In order to let people appreciate his artwork, he sent a draft during his last year in school to the editorial team writing the school magazine. It was rejected.
A year later,he was still going strong.He still believed in his artistic talent. In order to gain recognition, he sent an comic piece to disney studios. It was rejected. Well, well, double blow. Loss for the Loser.
Thus, he decided to write his own autobiography in cartoons. He described his childhood self - a little boy loser. This cartoon character would soon become famous worldwide. For him, the boy who had such lack of success in his life, and whose work was rejected again and again, was Charles Schultz. He created this peanut comic strip and the little catoon character whose kite would never fly, and who never succeeded in kicking a football, Charlie Brown.

So what is the moral behind this story? "When there's a will, there will be a way", good quote isn't it? I inserted this piece of story for everyone to read, to spread encouragment. Nobody is born a "natural loser". If you are willing to put in hard work, success will be yours. This is especially true for this period, when me and my friends are about to take O levels examinations. The help and encouragement I see my friends gave each other - was simply - what's the word? - yah, heartwarming. So, actually, this piece of writing is dedicated to them, to urge them, not to give up, and continue persuing their dreams.

Last but not least, I wish to tell my friends that - whether I talk to them frequently or not, they had made an impact on my life and I shall never forget them. Love ya, guys!



©copyrighted 2008 punch-that-goblin.co.nr