webmistress journal affiliates credits
THE WEBMISTRESS
I Support Privacy Protection

This is Michelle from NTU, who has a blur queen personality and a love for biology.
Currently studying at the School of Biological Sciences.
I have my birthday celebration on 16 June every year.
Loves singing, reading, baking and eating.
Basically your good old plain Jane! :))


recent entries
prom is over.
the working of genes
new job.
Genting highlands.
charlotte's web
not meant to be.
emotionally re-attached.
falling in love
darn those sad endings.
Last day of school. sth terrifying.


THE DESIRES
My sister to get a boyfriend
New school bag
Have A&W curly fries and root beer
Donate blood
New pair of pumps
An overseas trip soon
The tales of Beedle the Bard
To push myself into First class honours
Jog regularly
Lose 2 kilos!
Mend the emptiness in my bank account
Golden flats from COTTON ON
More tops!
dresses
light grey denim skinny
Nice comfortable heels
Trim my hair
Belt
Handbag/slingbag for going out
Try charcoal mask
Printer


BREAK THE SILENCE



JUKEBOX


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

THE CUTSEY
adopt your own virtual pet!


REMINISCENCE


BLOG STATS



Sunday, January 14, 2007
the elephants. @ 4:06 PM

Read this in an inspirational book:

When an elephant is ill or injured, other elephants in the herd gather around to protect the animal, and to bolster it up. They know how important their support is because if an elephant in such a condition lays down, it won't be able to stand up again on its own.
So the other members of the herd literally surround the weak elephant and help it remain standing. Even when on the move, the other elephants walk next to the ailing elephant, supporting it as they travel.
Just as elephants intuitively know when one of their friends needs assistance, they also know when that friend no longer needs support, and so, they gradually give the elephant a little more room until it walks and functions on its own.

Such a simple piece; no flowery words or large vocabulary, but when I read this, was kinda touched. I was thinking if that one can find a friend like this, helping and supporting you unconditionally, how fortunate it wld be! Many people stumble along life, pursuing ephemeral desires, like fame and wealth, neglecting spiritual needs. How pathetic! No wonder the phrase "slave to money" become popular. It's real sad when you lie on your deathbed, and realise nobody care and that you've wasted your entire life away. PEOPLE ONLY LIVE ONCE, so live everyday as if it's your last. hmmmm, im not quite there yet, i suppose. But i guess i yearn to reach that stage.

Why are people spending so much time climbing up the corporate ladder when there will always be someone stronger and better? And when you die, it isn't your employer or colleagues who feel the loss. its your loved ones. A most unworthy way to repay their love - spending like zero time with them.

well, i guess this is when the circle of influence and circle of concerns theory comes in.

oh forget it. im blabbering cos it's a boring sunday, and i have nothing better to do. haha.

Oh did I mention that my class had a gathering at Marina Madarin hotel? sounds grand... and erm.. expensive? I dunno, but i really felt like going. I mean, how many times in your life are you going to treat a hotel room like a chalet room? Bad time to get sick, cos i was unable to go. bedridden with all those stinking medicine. ouch. by the sound of it, few people went, but those who went, hope they enjoy themselves? haha.

been a bit gigglish these few days. laugh at every little thing. I think im hysterical, in other words, mad? teeheehee. A very good example: I was reading christmas carol by Charles Dickens, and on the very first page, I read the following paragraph and laughed for a few days.

Old Marley was as dead as a doornail. Mind! I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a doornail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade. But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for. You will therefore permit me to repeat, emphatically, that Marley was as dead as a door-nail.

Isn't it so funny? cos yar, it offers a fairly good explanation of why we use "as cool as a cucumber", "as still as a tree", or phrases like that.

A bookish, dry and blabbering piece of entry, i might add. so mind.



©copyrighted 2008 punch-that-goblin.co.nr