webmistress journal affiliates credits
THE WEBMISTRESS
I Support Privacy Protection

This is Michelle from NTU, who has a blur queen personality and a love for biology.
Currently studying at the School of Biological Sciences.
I have my birthday celebration on 16 June every year.
Loves singing, reading, baking and eating.
Basically your good old plain Jane! :))


recent entries
Back from camp
Why can't you understand me?
Hibernater
Random post
Baking with Nancy
sick
Birthday celebration
I'm a total birthday person
Sundown Marathon
shagged


THE DESIRES
My sister to get a boyfriend
New school bag
Have A&W curly fries and root beer
Donate blood
New pair of pumps
An overseas trip soon
The tales of Beedle the Bard
To push myself into First class honours
Jog regularly
Lose 2 kilos!
Mend the emptiness in my bank account
Golden flats from COTTON ON
More tops!
dresses
light grey denim skinny
Nice comfortable heels
Trim my hair
Belt
Handbag/slingbag for going out
Try charcoal mask
Printer


BREAK THE SILENCE



JUKEBOX


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

THE CUTSEY
adopt your own virtual pet!


REMINISCENCE


BLOG STATS



Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Movie Reviews @ 3:39 PM

I've watched a total of THREE movies in a week :) The week just before school reopens. I have been working ever since after exams, so not much time to enjoy myself. The last week of vacation is for me to put down my hair and enjoy to the fullest :) before battle begins of course. A summary of the movies:

1) Watched THE DARK KNIGHT on monday.
The ratings are supposed to be super high, as high as 95% in fact, but in my opinion, though the actors were fantastic, I didn't much enjoy the movie. Cool gadgets and guardians who guard a city and sacrifices himself, wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Believe it or not, I doze off a number of times during the movie and my movie partner has to shake me awake a couple of times. Luckily movie tix on mondays weren't very expensive.

However, to do the movie justice, 3.5/5 stars, for the wonderful and most real life-like JOKER, and the cool gadgets that captures all the geeks around.

2) Watched The Mummy Part 3 on Saturday.
Well, it's a saturday tix! So I can't afford to fall asleep in the cinema. It took me quite a bit of willpower not to doze off during the movie. Part 3 was absolutely a terror compared to the first two movies of the The Mummy series. Lousy plot, lousy crack jokes, some good actors. That about summarises all.

Perhaps we are supposed to watch movies in a light hearted way, but I just couldn't accept the fact that they twisted China History, just to fit into their plot, which was not entertaining at all.

Boos. I wouldn't have watch it if given a second chance. 2.5/5 stars because there are some good actors, like Jet Li, Huang Qiu Sheng, and our dear old Rick.

3) Watched Money No Enough 2 on Sunday with family.
One word to describe it all - expected. With Neo productions, the plots are all kind of expected. If you are those who like to know what will happen next, this is probably the movie for you, and you would have given it 4 stars, no problem.
If, unfortunately you are not those people, I can predict your ratings. 2 stars maybe? The movie, as usual, starts with some anti-govt stuff abt ERPs, focusing on a normal singaporean family and their lifestyle, how everything crashes for them, and all the troubles just seem to sets in all of a sudden, ending with a nice happy ending.

Nothing much to say about it - some parts of it were funny without reason, e.g. the parking coupns stint at the very end, to be fair.

3/5 stars for having the courage to bring in local movies, and those funny-without-reason scenes.

If you have differing views about the movies, feel free to voice it out =)))



©copyrighted 2008 punch-that-goblin.co.nr