webmistress journal affiliates credits
THE WEBMISTRESS
I Support Privacy Protection

This is Michelle from NTU, who has a blur queen personality and a love for biology.
Currently studying at the School of Biological Sciences.
I have my birthday celebration on 16 June every year.
Loves singing, reading, baking and eating.
Basically your good old plain Jane! :))


recent entries
Studying, studying....
Something happened
Old Airport Road revisited
Handwashing is important
Crazy about projects
Happy meal
New Hairstyle
Movie Reviews
Back from camp
Why can't you understand me?


THE DESIRES
My sister to get a boyfriend
New school bag
Have A&W curly fries and root beer
Donate blood
New pair of pumps
An overseas trip soon
The tales of Beedle the Bard
To push myself into First class honours
Jog regularly
Lose 2 kilos!
Mend the emptiness in my bank account
Golden flats from COTTON ON
More tops!
dresses
light grey denim skinny
Nice comfortable heels
Trim my hair
Belt
Handbag/slingbag for going out
Try charcoal mask
Printer


BREAK THE SILENCE



JUKEBOX


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

THE CUTSEY
adopt your own virtual pet!


REMINISCENCE


BLOG STATS



Saturday, September 13, 2008
大中国月饼 @ 1:58 AM

Mooncake festival is here again :) It means playing with lanterns, candles and eating mooncakes. Last time, we used to have very pretty coloured lanterns, but shame nowadays all the lanterns come in battery-operated types, which aren't very oriental. Usually I'm not big on mooncakes, but THIS is the mooncake which keeps me sneaking into the kitchen for extra mooncakes :D

大中国月饼!- 老字号... The best mooncakes ever............ or should I say bestest?? Sis bought it, and you don't have to go to Chinatown! You can get it at IMM. They have an exhibition on mooncakes. Excellent. My FAVOURITE is the lotus paste with DOuble Yolk mooncake... I don't usually eat mooncakes without yolks. Yolks are there for a reason ok! It is there to break the sweetness of the nian rong.

The skin is nicely baked into a almost chao-ta shade (I like!), and the nian rong is not as sweet as the other commercial moon cakes. The yolks are powdery and a bit oily on the good side (wonder how they did it?) and my favourite part of the mooncake. when you bite into the mooncake, the skin just falls off delicately. LOVES. :)))))))

The lovely old-fashioned box! Traditional not!!!! hahahaha
Get a closer look at the box! The brand is stamped in front.

Love tai chong kok mooncakes! Anyone who wish to get me mooncakes, get me THIS!!! And remember, lotus paste with double yolk! hahaha. And don't bother getting me bing pi mooncakes cos I don't eat them! I'm a traditional woman deep down. wahahahhaa. Old fashioned stuff rocks! (at least for the food).

*PS: I didn't take the picture of the mooncake cos I might drool :(



©copyrighted 2008 punch-that-goblin.co.nr