webmistress journal affiliates credits
THE WEBMISTRESS
I Support Privacy Protection

This is Michelle from NTU, who has a blur queen personality and a love for biology.
Currently studying at the School of Biological Sciences.
I have my birthday celebration on 16 June every year.
Loves singing, reading, baking and eating.
Basically your good old plain Jane! :))


recent entries
Today
My great-grandmother
Five random updates
Ann's 21st birthday
Random cny thoughts
Samsung F480
Food
五月天 concert!
Science
New song again


THE DESIRES
My sister to get a boyfriend
New school bag
Have A&W curly fries and root beer
Donate blood
New pair of pumps
An overseas trip soon
The tales of Beedle the Bard
To push myself into First class honours
Jog regularly
Lose 2 kilos!
Mend the emptiness in my bank account
Golden flats from COTTON ON
More tops!
dresses
light grey denim skinny
Nice comfortable heels
Trim my hair
Belt
Handbag/slingbag for going out
Try charcoal mask
Printer


BREAK THE SILENCE



JUKEBOX


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

THE CUTSEY
adopt your own virtual pet!


REMINISCENCE


BLOG STATS



Thursday, March 05, 2009
Life and death @ 11:23 PM

It takes n number of years for you to become the person you are, but just 1 day to disappear from the face of this Earth forever. This thought is scary. Following the incident at NTU on Monday involving a fellow student kniving a professor and then falling to his death, I've been pondering a lot over these issues. It's not just because of the fact that he is a student of my university, but rather, I've never experienced firsthand on such a young person dying, and of his own accord too. Yes, we see all those articles about young people dying in accidents and diseases occasionally, but suicide is just so different, in a disturbing way. Besides, it happened so close to me too - within 1km I should guess? When the accident happened, I was taking my virology quiz back in the North Spine. The closeness of the accident somehow heightened the intensity of my thoughts.

I don't know what the other students think, but it keep coming back to me that, he was alive when I'm taking that virology quiz, he was alive when I was eating that Mr. Bean pancake in the south spine, he was alive when I walked past THAT spot to wee kim wee communications sch for my film art lectures... and all it takes is less than an hour for him to cease existing on this world.

It took me 20 (going to 21) years to freaking grow up to the person I was now (not a very wonderful person, but still relatively nice, haha), I'm not about to give up my life for anything. I know life isn't always easy, but an easy life wouldn't be living your life isn't it? The ups and downs make up your life, and it is thru these ordeals, you emerge a stronger person. Is it worth giving it up for something which you can't even hold on to, forever?

Money and fame, the humans desires. Even if you manage to get a hold of some, it is just a loan. 钱是身外物,生不带来,死不带去。If you think about it, almost everyone's ultimate goal is happiness. It is a primary desire. People love money and fame because it can get you your primary desire. But it is just not worth it to go chasing the secondary desires, and forgoing your primary desires. So, the moral of the story is, smell the roses as you walk along the journey.

As for the victim, I truely sympathise with him, not because I think what he did was right, but because he gave up a potentially lovely life in a moment of folly. Life has no erasers, no turning back. So cherish your loved ones, for you will not know what tomorrow brings.



©copyrighted 2008 punch-that-goblin.co.nr