webmistress journal affiliates credits
THE WEBMISTRESS
I Support Privacy Protection

This is Michelle from NTU, who has a blur queen personality and a love for biology.
Currently studying at the School of Biological Sciences.
I have my birthday celebration on 16 June every year.
Loves singing, reading, baking and eating.
Basically your good old plain Jane! :))


recent entries
mask
a few more hrs to harry potter
aching
disfigured me =(
im a woman hear me roar
thinking abt christmas..
PW presentation tml =(
im a peeled potato
Obviously
how unlucky -_-" sick again


THE DESIRES
My sister to get a boyfriend
New school bag
Have A&W curly fries and root beer
Donate blood
New pair of pumps
An overseas trip soon
The tales of Beedle the Bard
To push myself into First class honours
Jog regularly
Lose 2 kilos!
Mend the emptiness in my bank account
Golden flats from COTTON ON
More tops!
dresses
light grey denim skinny
Nice comfortable heels
Trim my hair
Belt
Handbag/slingbag for going out
Try charcoal mask
Printer


BREAK THE SILENCE



JUKEBOX


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

THE CUTSEY
adopt your own virtual pet!


REMINISCENCE


BLOG STATS



Sunday, November 20, 2005
wedding bells @ 3:01 PM

Went for Ms Delphine Tan's church wedding today.. As usual, the 4/7 people are always late, and I waited for approximately half an hr with a few other earlybirds. I can't believe it. GUYS are also late lor. Please lar - guys dunnit to be so vain de ma, how come still so late? And to think that guys are supposed to wait for girls. lolx. The fengshui realli reversed its way liao. Hmphx. Anyway, the wedding is uber nice! REALLY very very touching. I've never been to one that is so touching before.

To start off, the church is super beautiful. It has such a holy feel around it, such that I even went to the extent of whispering to my friends instead of talking normally to them. Waited for another half an hour before the wedding starts. wait and wait and wait...... All of a sudden, silence falls. And this stream of bridesmaids just came walking in, with a small bouquet of red roses in their hands. It is really a stream kk.. Very grand. A lot of bridesmaids. I even lost count of them. About 6 -7 bridesgrooms oso. It's about the grandest wedding i've ever attended. Then finally, the bride enters, arm in arm with her dad. OH~ and did I mention that during the course of the ceremony, the groom was actually singing? Some church song I think. But it's DAMN NICE. it is. He was singing for his bride, something about "I will always be there for you". Didn't really catch the words ... But that moment was magical. Out of so many weddings I've attended, this is the FIRST which I see the groom singing for his bride. And it helps a lot that he has such a magical voice. If i was the bride, I will surely be very touched. wahaha.

Actually I was still fearing that this wedding ceremony will be a very long preaching one. It wasn't. In fact, the pastor was quite comical. It somehow make the atmosphere very light-hearted. Not at all awkward and traditional. The pastor taught me a lot about marriage though.
Something about couples having a "working faith". Faith is nothing without action. If you promised ur partner something, do it. If you promised ur wife that u will have dinner with her tonight, do it. If you promised that you will talk to ur husband, do it. If you cannot fulfil ur promises, make it up by rescheduling it. This is called a "working faith". Many couples fall apart just because they lack a "working faith." So remember, this is a very important factor in all marriages.

Another thing is that everybody have their needs. And the role of a life partner is to try and fulfil them. For example, women love being listened to. If she wants to talk about something, being the nice husband you are, just shut up and listen. What's so difficult? It's something simple yet important. Listen - without reading your newspaper, without looking at your computer. Give her ur fullest attention. And men needs plenty of encouragement. Being the nice wife you are, do the encouragement. Never bring him down in anyway. When he is down in the pits, build up the lost confidence in him. Remember this phrase: There's always a woman behind every successful man. Meaningful yar?

Besides that, the pastor also said something very true: in every single wedding he conducted, there is always this moment, when the bride and groom's eyes will meet, and they will see things in each other eyes that we cannot. Something known onli to the both of them. The trials they undergone, the happy things they do tgt, every single thing they did just flashed past. hmmm. so sweet right? There was this time that the groom nearly cried because he was so touched. A very beautiful wedding.

Of course, this led to a lot of talks about weddings. Ah gong was sitting near me, and he was saying tt our class hv 30 girls.. surely in 7 or 8 years' time, will hv ppl getting married. I certainly hope so. I love attending weddings! cos they are so happy and meaningful. Mebbe ah gong will be one of them. =))) then we start reminding each other to send wedding invitations if they ever get married. Lol. i can't wait =X I think dar will get married before 25 -agree wif dap totally~ Remember to ask me to be ur bridesmaid wor!! hahaha.. Ya.. wanna be bridesmaid for a lot of my friends.. depend on who gets married first...dap, ruimin they all.. keke. suddenly thought of tilin and pam. i think they will get married before 25 too! wahahaha. cheeky me.

After the wedding, went to century sq with dap, ruimin and jinghui. window shopped and dinner. then yay.. home sweet home. =)))

slept and slept. woke up at 12pm today...!! wahahaha!! feel so refreshed now. i must be influenced by dar le. I think i want shoes too. keke. shopping!! gagaa~~



©copyrighted 2008 punch-that-goblin.co.nr